History & Formation
- Krista Davis Tonn, at age 27, was one of the founding members of Metropolitan Senior Network, when established in 2001. She served on the first Board of Directors and many years following; as well as represented the MSN core principles: Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence in every aspect of her life. She was a tireless volunteer with an uncanny ability to organize, encourage and inspire others to join her endeavors. An award in her honor was established in 2009; and that award will be converted to an annual scholarship program starting in the Spring of 2022. MSN’s goal is to support and promote individuals pursuing a career that compliments the senior industry, one of Krista’s demonstrated passions.
- The goal of MSN is to educate, support, and provide resources to marketing and community relations professionals in the healthcare and senior industry. The core values of MSN are Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence (C.A.R.E.). The scholarships we support and fund, will complement those values.
MSN will be associated with Portland Community College for this scholarship program.
Portland Community College Scholarship Program
- Any student who plans to attend PCC can apply. We have scholarships for students of all ages, backgrounds, and majors! All PCC scholarships are open to anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law in any area, activity or operation of the college.
- Our focus will be with the following studies as it relates to our CARE values and overall purpose of MSN.
- A website link is provided below for a detailed review on each of those disciplines.
Health Information Management: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/health-info-management/
Medical Assisting: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/medical-assisting/
Medical Laboratory Technology: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/medical-lab/
To Donate: Just click on the link below and you’ll be taken to our PayPal secured encrypted webpage. Any dollar amount is welcome, and we appreciate your donation to this worthy cause for our CARE values and providing Krista Davis scholarship with programs for the future generation and the senior community.